The Hyndman Volunteer Fire Department was formed in 1927 by Rouge Shaffer, Bert Shaffer, Lloyd Christner Sr., Bob Elliott, Bunk and William Carpenter, and O.C. Miller and was Incorporated in 1939. On December 25, 1949 the fire company suffered the worst fire in Hyndman's history, a christmas tree caught fire in a resident's home and caught half the town on fire. The fire destoryed 1 fire truck, 20 homes, the post office, the bank, and 12 stores. The fire was so immense you could see the glow of the fire over 200 miles away. The only thing that remained of the town's bank was the bank vault which was still intact. The town would rebuild, but in 1984 the fire company and the town would deal with another disater. The 84 Flood would damage many homes and businesses. The Town would yet again deal with another flood in 1996 that caused alot of damage. But on August 10, 2002 The Hyndman Volunteer Fire Department took there biggest loss in it's company's history when a light fixture malfuctioned in the fire hall and caught fire. The fire distroyed the company's newest truck a 1999 Ford F-450 rescure truck that they had purchased and had only had it in service for less then a year. The fire hall and the town's Community Center were both distroyed, both 34-11 and 34-20 were damaged badly, but if not for both trucks working enough to put the fire out the damage could have been much worse many company's from the surrounding area was called to the fire. The Fire Department would rebuild and in 2003 the fire company would build a new fire hall and community center both trucks damaged in the fire were repaired and in 2008 the fire department bought a 2008 Spartan engine rescue to replace the truck distroyed in the fire.